Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Moving to Our New Home Port Marina!

 Here's a few from the corn roast, last weekend. Or should I have said LAST weekend - as this was to be our final days at the place we called home for nine years. . .


I started the fire early to try & get some heat going. That had to have been the coldest corn roast ever. By the time it was dark out, we had so much firewood in the rim that it was over the top. That was a first that I can remember.

Actually, it got warmer as the night went on. Believe it or not, me & anchor Girl were the last ones left at the fire that night. Hmmmmmmmmm.


Amazing how many unfamiliar faces show up when there's free food & entertainment, eh? Oh, that's right - that was the 'Charity' portion of the slip fees.







Sunday morning & A.G. waves bye bye to Boogaboo for the final ride out of Slip #96.







And just like that - she's at our NEW home & Slip to help tie up. What a woman!

For a minute I thought I'd get all choked up about leaving. Nope. Just happy about finally finding the marina we were looking for all summer :-)

Too bad that things never got any better at the old place, but it was clear nothing was ever going to change & I got tired of asking to have the garbages emptied, etc., etc., etc., etc.. Remember folks, we left the MARINA - not the people there.

No comments: