Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More Work - Georgian Bay to Lagoon City

I had to make an appointment to see a customer next Monday when it occurred to me that the date will be September 21st. That's right, the last day of summer. I warned you all it would come to this . . . . So, as we head into the final few weeks of the boating season '09, I looked through my pictures from this past summer to find a special one that really said 'Summertime'. Well, the winner for tonight is the one presented to you forthwith, taken - where else - gorgeous Georgian Bay. Chimney Bay, to be precise. What a beautiful scene! Four boats at anchor with the setting sun reflecting off our bows and faces. Great! It's probably because we all enjoyed so few days of sun this season that I'm going to particularly miss the the warm glow of it all. Sigh.

Too little, slipping through our fingers too fast :-(

OK, enough with the 'downer' stuff. On a lighter note, the day after this photo was taken, these very same boats broke loose of their anchorage, ending up very nearly colliding with three BIG boats that were (securely) anchored down wind of us. But I'll save the details (and lots of accompanying photos) of that unique event for another evening. Yes, I'll remember this spot . . . .
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Wevvy was good enough to send me some pics from the Labour Day weekend. So, here we go! The Commodore and A.G. returning with yet another bag of firewood. Or was that onions? This picture must have been taken on a different day than the last one, 'cause Anchor Girl has a different top on. As for me, I was still topless; The whole gang around the fire. Let's see, was this Friday's fire? Or Saturday's? Perhaps Sunday's? No wonder we kept running back to the store for more wood . . . Sure were lucky that our 'Lagoon Buddies' were nice enough to loan us their fire pit ALL weekend! Must have been a good one, because we are ALL laughing - even Anchor Girl;
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
On a completely different note, we took a slow cruise up to Orillia last Saturday for a really loud evening. And early morning. Sure am gonna miss going to that place . . . While traveling up, it was so clear that I spotted the Lake Simcoe Buoy to our port side, so I took a side trip over to get some updated photos. This is the same one that we all hear about when listening to the weather reports on the VHF radio. Now you know what it looks like (again). If that's not enough for you, we even have a dramatic, albeit highly informative video of this very buoy!

No comments: