Sunday, September 28, 2008

Get Yer Roasters Out

I had to start this one with a shot I took of the SPECTACULAR sunset we had on Friday. Looking over the Pefferlaw River, this was the view we were privy to. I took some more a little while later on, when the colours changed to a purple/blue, but I'll save those for another time. In the meantime, enjoy this one.

The first annual Dock Crocs Corn Roast was received with great success this weekend at The Cottage. I want to pass along another big Thank You for everyone who attended and for all the treats that showed up, too! Man, I'm still stuffed. In fact, I bring this to you while enjoying a piece of pumpkin pie that somehow made it into my truck for the ride home ;-)

The weather wasn't 100%, but with a bit of plastic and some good timing on the cooking, we were able to make the most of it. I'm uploading a few video clips from the weekend, but they take a little longer, so I'll be posting them here over the next couple of days. . .

Speaking of well timed cooking, here's Wevvy at the Q;
'Corn's up!';


We had a little bit of a fire before the rain came;

Here's Jason, with his hands full of Oreo cookies;

And here's another little boy with his treat. This was actually taken a couple of weeks ago when the Free Bird crew finally got their very first computer!

Back to this weekend, Sanja at the helm of SunAria. She took us out for a (very) little spin on the rough waters of Lake Simcoe today;


The ladies enjoy the ride back in;

No comments: